In mid-december 2007, Bill 42 amending the Highway Safety Code hoping to limit deaths caused by reckless driving received Royal Assent. Such amendments include:
- the implementation of photographic radars;
- ban on cellular phones used behind the wheel;
- heavier sanctions for speed-limit violations;
- speed control for heavier vehicles;
- mandatory winter tires; and
- a ban on fast-car advertisement.
For more on this issue, you can read: http://www.ledevoir.com/2007/12/19/169178.html or http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=0612c7c0-bf85-4043-a37e-e359e2bde8d7&k=93940